Tuesday 31 March 2015

EDPY 303 Recap

Woop woop, this is my last class that for the year that I'll be doing a recap for. I wasn't going to recap for EDPY 303 (Assessment class) until I got my letter grade received. We all wrote the final exam on March 12 and didn't get our grades till today (March 31). That's 19 days later! For me, totally not cool. Did you know that professors have 5 days from the point students write their class final, to give their later grades back? That's typically the guideline, but how often does that happen? Usually 50%. Assessment was clearly an exception! 

I don't even remember this class fully, it's been almost a month since I sat in its lectures! The final for this class was also the latest one for me, so I wrote the final, took time to work and relax, then BAM practicum hits. The final was decent and fair, just like any other final and I walked away with an ehh grade. #kindadisappointed


EDPY 303 was pretty straight forward, where we learned about different assessment practices to exercise when student teaching or teaching. I remember there was a lot of proper test creations, such as selected-response, constructed-response, matching, etc. My favorite section in this course would be the how of assessments and learning its pros and cons. Should I use checklists? Rating scales? Holistic or analytic rubrics? These questions are what I'm asking myself during my IFX currently! 

Am I right or AM I RIGHT?
I sat beside my good friend all assessment classes, who I met last term and we partnered for both of the assessment assignments. She's an example of someone who I want as a teacher across my classroom! She's that amazing. And so am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment