Saturday 28 March 2015

Week 2 Recap

So, I'm currently at work blogging because I wanted to tell you how my week 2 of my IFX went. To be honest, it was a little rougher than the first week. I had a couple lows during Tuesday/Wednesday, where I felt a bit insecure about if being a teacher is what I'm meant to be doing. But you know what, that's okay, I felt like I needed that realization to see if teaching is truly for me. I felt like I finished this week strong and positive as spring break, SPRIIIIIINGGGGG BRRREAAK, is here, about time! PS - this picture is a typical spring break picture which is something I am unfortunately, not doing.


I'm not sure why I struggled with teaching this week, but my MT has high expectations for me I feel like. They're higher than what I originally expected, but I'm slowly understanding that she wants me to achieve so much more than a typical IFX student! She just wants me to do my very very very best and I can see why her bar is raised so high. She pushes me more, in a great way, to achieve that bar.


She gave me great pointers in what I need to work on, classroom management skills especially. I've been experimenting with tricks in how to get the children's attention here and there. Ones I've tried include "if you hear my voice, touch your ear/nose/lips/etc" and also "if you hear my voice, clap once/twice/three times" and "hands together, sit on them please". If you have any others that work great with your classroom, I would love to know!


Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break Spring Break -- I'm almost 99% sure that every, and I mean every teacher is way more excited for this break that students. Yes, that includes me!

Even though there's "break" in Spring Break, I'll be doing anything but that. I have about 10 different lesson plans I need to complete, plus creating any additional worksheets and power points. Oh yeah, did I mention how I still have to w-o-r-k. I still need to make money as I'm a poor, hungry student. I just realized that every day for the past 2 weeks, I always go and grab either an L or XL 3S 1C coffee from Tim Horton's. Have I turned into that kind of teacher?! One where I absolutely rely on coffee to survive the day? I may have. Students even ask me "Mr. Fabia, you ALWAYS drink coffee!! Why?"


No comments:

Post a Comment