Saturday 14 March 2015

Orientation for Orientation

I was so busy throughout the Orientation training today that I didn't even snap a picture, so this one below is courtesy of my friend Ms. L! 


This is my 3rd time volunteering with the UAlberta Orientation program as an Orientation Leader that I'm so stoked to work with the group of OV's (Orientation Volunteers) I'm assigned! 

Being a part of this amazing program I can see the skills and attributes correlating into being a(n awesome) teacher. As there are certain positions within Orientation, as an Orientation Leader I know that I'll be leading new students around, showing them the reasons why UofA is the best institution they have chosen and "educating" them about campus.

In relation to teaching, being an OV you also have to be energetic, enthusiastic and model leadership-like qualities. Which in my mind, having done it twice previously and once more this year will help strengthen my teaching abilities. Also, I love Orientation as it's a great way to start off my academic school year! Plus you meet a bunch of new friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment