Friday 1 May 2015

Did You Guess My 5?

Before I reflect back on the 5 subjects I taught during my practicum, I went to first off say two things:

1. It's M A Y, how is this possible!? I feel that 2015 is just soaring on by and can't believe it's already May. I hope it'll be beautiful weather until October and as I'm honestly tired of seeing rain/snow/snow/rain/snow/rain/snow. You know what I mean.

2. I finished wrapping up my volunteering with an elementary school that I started back in October! I had this week completely off until I start FT work next week. Soo this past Monday, Wednesday and this morning I was at that school individually reading with the students. Specifically, with the higher grades! Despite the lengthy drive, I love going there because the kids are wonderful, the staff are great to be around the my coordinator is an amazing mentor to learn from!

My very last kid I read with this morning, absolutely loves Minecraft. It's his (healthy) addiction! And so, I was hoping that we would minimize the conversation of Minecraft and more towards the books we were reading. With about 7 minutes left in his time slot, he didn't want to read another book. Instead, I asked him "could you draw on the board what your favorite part was from the book?" This is what he drew:


The book we read was about 2 mice -- a city mouse and a country mouse becoming friends and enjoying each other's company. I'm sure this picture depicted that exact message. ;)

Starting the weekend I'll blog about each subject I taught and will describe my favorite thing about it! Oh, get out your list -- let's see who's right!

In alphabetical order, I taught health, language arts, physical education (gym), religion, science. Were you right!? Doubt it..

No comments:

Post a Comment