Friday 22 May 2015

Picture Book Friday Presents: Little Blue Planet

I was roving at work until I saw the bold blue book that just struck right out of me. It's called Little Blue Planet by Jon Riggs. I read this quick read over my lunch hour, where I think preschoolers/Kinder's would enjoy this story the most!


I also think it's an awesome read-aloud for these young learners! The rhymes within this book are very articulate and imaginative -- much more than what I can do. I suck at rhyming and making poems. Gosh, no wonder why I'm still single. /sigh. Little Blue Planet is a quick short read about finding purpose in life and discovering what are you and why you are here. (Or maybe I'm just completely extrapolating this into a more philosophical interpretation!)

It's smart how Riggs uses the planets of the sun to relay this message. I don't want to give too much away, but here's a sample of a page inside!


With any picture book, they must be aesthetically pleasing to their readers. Little Blue Planet does this justice. The illustrations are very impressive and the facial expressions on the planets themselves are realistic as they can be! This book can also be a great introduction to space, planets and even what's beyond planet Earth. Any cross-curricular resource, not just books, I simply strive for! (I'm sure all teachers do!) 

You can find this book here at the SCL or order it on Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment