Monday 18 May 2015

Week 2 Recap

Week 2 at my summer job -- check! This week was slower on the training side, and more emphasis on me being independent and working on projects here and there. I worked my first evening shift [1-9] and my first Saturday shift too! Maybe because it was a long weekend or not, but it wasn't all that busy. I expect there to be more foot traffic come summer as the Summer Reading Games (for both children and adult!) start. Plus, there's going to be more programs for all ages in the summer at most libraries, not just at the one I'm at! 

Here's a 2nd reason why libraries are the bomb[dot]com. The SCL library has two floors, meaning not all of its resources could fit onto main! The library doesn't just have books, rather resources to help customers find what they are looking for. I think I've mentioned they have DVDs, magazines, CDs, etc, but there's also cool stuff too that's available! I learned this week that SCL has maps dating years and decades back of the county's area. There's resources to help newcomers to Canada with resume and career search. There's also resources to help new people learn about eBooks, Kobos, and other e-devices that are out there. (I can't keep up, there's too many!). I mean, they have it all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment