Wednesday 2 September 2015

ORIENTATION 2015

Right after coming home from BC last week (and yes, I will blog about that!), I had Orientation (OVT) training and Orientation itself immediately the days following. Now, I'm sure you're thinking, why do I volunteer for Orientation? Here's why:

Reason 1 - The people. I have met the most amazing volunteers throughout this program, regardless of the faculty. Especially the team I'm on this year, hashtag Crookie Monsters. Future teachers to be are a fantastic group to surround yourself. 

Reason 2 - The anticipation. Without Orientation, I have nothing to look forward to in September. Wait, that's a lie, I have school to start. Maybe. Over the summer break, you make time for team bonding and anxiously await for Orientation. It's a super great feeling! Did I mention you team bond?! Who doesn't love a little team bonding here and there?

Reason 3 - The timing. Orientation is right before school commences and ever since my second year, I've been excited to get back into the classroom routine and schedule. It's refreshing to see your friends, getting pumped up for Orientation and having a real great time before the "official" first day of school. Our Education cheers are corny rock and relate to Faculty pride that all Orientation volunteers have. 

Take a look at some of the pictures I took! 

 



Overall, Orientation is always going to be a part of my undergraduate experience and when applications are open, you should APPLY. You won't regret it! Here's a buzzfeed link about Orientation in which I died laughing. Enjoy!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/angromano/17-signs-you-were-an-orientation-leader-in-college-ep4l#.in8llDYvPV

No comments:

Post a Comment