Saturday 5 September 2015

BC Trip (Part 1 - Science & City Tour)

It was just last week when I arrived home in Edmonton. I really do miss BC, it has exquisite scenery, where you can forget about life and get lost in. My first day arriving there I went to the Science World, similar to the Telus World of Science we have here. It was a Saturday, which means it would be ridiculously busy, as expected, and lots of little adults running endlessly. I learned some cool facts about dinosaurs, body works, and other wicked science facts. This is a picture I took! It challenged me to fit into this tiny box. Yeah right. 


 













Their Skytrain was easy to learn, and cheap as well. Also, side note, everybody in BC seems to walk, bike or take public transportation. And, they look FIT. Unlike me, where I enjoy my chocolate and drinks. I'm kinda jealous of British Columbians. Is that the right word? I think they use Vancouverites. Clearly I'm just making up pronouns. 

The next day, Sunday, I had a Vancouver City tour. I booked lots of tours with several companies, where they would pick me up from my indicated hotel, do the itinerary planned and dropped me back at my hotel. This style was preferable for me, as it was convenient and I would meet lots of other tourists! I did a couple of tours with West Coast Sightseeing, where their website can be found here! Their shuttle was a bright green one, and the tour guide was very knowledgeable. Highly recommend it to other tourists! 

I explored lots this Sunday! We stopped at the Totem Poles and Granville Island and looked at other fabulous spots including Chinatown, Gastown, Stanley Park, etc. 


Totem Poles in Stanley Park
Stanley Park
SeaBus in Granville Island
Imagine living in one of those condos/apartments and looking out into the water. I would die for that scenery. I love Alberta and all, but this is just, perfection. After out tour, I walked across the Seawall and explored from there. I also read. 

Seawall Selfie!
Reading by the Seawall

No comments:

Post a Comment