Monday 14 September 2015

BC Trip (Conclusion)

My last day there, the Saturday, I had a late afternoon flight. I checked out of my hotel, left my luggage and went out for a quick brunch at St. Regis Bar & Grill. Very tasty! I walked along the SeaWall afterwards one last time. It was extremely windy and rainy, so instead of suffering in the cold, as it was a little chilly, I went to the airport instead and chilled for my flight. I don't think this day needed a separate blog post.

I am so unbelievably blessed for this trip. Talking about the West Coast, I wanted opportunities to learn, to do what I can (especially without parents - sorry Mom & Dad!) and what the world has for me. I learned so much about North/West Vancouver, its history, the province of BC as a whole, are more wicked information I did not know. I loved being a tourist, because tourists are there to explore and to wander. I felt free (not money free but free from responsibility and obligations) and I could do anything. I went alone because not only I had no one to go with (sad truth), but I did things on my own terms. On my own agenda. It was remarkable. 

Travelling just makes you happy. Of course, I didn't encounter much adversity (ie. losing my luggage or getting pick-pocketed!) but I did have to learn on the spot and learn quick. I really need to travel more. I'd be more educated globally and learn further about myself and others around me. I met fantastic people on my tours, that listening to their stories, make travelling all worthwhile!

So the dates of my trip were form August 22-29, and the final blog post is September 14. What a gap, right? Around 2 full weeks. If I'm being completely honest, I didn't want to blog right when I got to my hotel that night. Not only I was tired, but I wanted to absorb every minute of this adventure. It's been a couple years flying somewhere, so taking that time to sponge up everything, is what I felt right. I understand that there is quite a window, but with me things do occur. When I reflect back with these blog posts, I'm just proud of the experiences I encountered. 

I'm so awful, I'm already looking at trip dates already. I don't think I'll be going anywhere soon, as school is my top notch priority, as of right now. It doesn't hurt to look on Expedia once in a while, but this trip was very well needed. It very much reminded me that life is beyond Edmonton, more than just than the city you live in.

What to expect next? I'll blog more about my courses, about my volunteering, and of course, anything and everything useful when teaching youth. In my classes now, I use examples (ie. whale watching) from this trip to make it relevant into our course content. Let's end this with how beautiful British Columbia is, truly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment