Sunday 6 September 2015

BC Trip (Part 2 - Victoria)

Monday was a long day for me! Shuttle didn't pick me up not until 7 am, and dropped me back off around 9:45 pm. This itinerary was like this because it was a Victoria plus Butchart Gardens tour, visiting the lovely capital city of British Columbia. In a nutshell, we drove to the ferry, to the ferry to Victoria, visited Butchart Gardens, then explored downtown Victoria and took the ferry back. 

BC Ferry, according to our tour guide, is the second largest ship in the world. I think the largest is in Japan. I could be wrong, so don't quote me on that. The ferry could hold more than 400 cars and hundreds of passengers. The weather was very cooperative, as you can tell from my photos!


Unfortunately, due to our tour itinerary, we only could stay at the Gardens for about 80-90 minutes. Not enough time to absorb the wonderful flowers and scenery. We let our tour guide know, but there was nothing we could do about it. I met some awesome people on this trip that we were running around exploring every little piece of Butchart Gardens so that our bus wouldn't leave without us. Check them out!


We were given hours to explore downtown Victoria, and it is just as admirable as downtown Edmonton. The historical component of this city and its importance to the government, I learned lots about! I remember learning about the government when I took my 6's on the Legislature field trip. Here, it was quite similar. We attended walk-in tours of the parliament and just sat along the waterfront. Victoria, please adopt me. 

Lastly, we took a late ferry back, and it was cold at the rear. We managed to stay at the back of the ferry, enjoying the minutes heading home. I felt like I was on the Titanic, hoping not to tip obviously. 


No comments:

Post a Comment