Wednesday 9 September 2015

BC Trip (Part 5 - Aquarium)

Thursday was my only other day with no tours planned, and the reason why is because I wanted to go to the aquarium! They opened at 9:30 am, and it's suggested to be there before 11:00. I wasn't sure how busy it was, so I woke up early, grabbed a Starbucks and walked there. It was a longer walk, but it was sunny and warm outside, which I can never complai. Who would!?

What I loved about the aquarium is the flexibility they had. They had so many exhibits for everyone to explore! My favorite was the Sea Monsters one! They also had a screen with all the "programs", they said, happening at the day. These programs occur throughout the day with varying topics. Lasting about 15-20 minutes each, it kept me occupied during my visit as I went to 6 or 7. 

On the screen, it tells you the program name, location, and time. I don't remember exactly all the ones I watched, but remember watching things like a Beluga Whale show, 4D show about Sea Monsters, a Shark Information show, and a Dolphin Training session. I did get my money's worth, especially since I paid for the student admission rather than the adult one. #studentdiscounts


Here are some pictures of some cool animals! (At least, I think they're cool...)


I wish I can bring a classroom of students to the aquarium. I noticed there was lots of school groups, day camps, day care groups, etc. It would be a great educational experience, I think, to see real life animals instead of seeing Google picture. Maybe someday.

Lastly, by the Sea Monsters exhibit, waiting outside there's a children's area. With crayons and markers and pencils laying around, children are asked to draw their definition of what a sea monster is. I laughed so hard as I saw this hanging on the wall.


I turned to Ricky at that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment