Monday 7 September 2015

BC Trip (Part 3 - Whale Watching)

Tuesday, I originally had nothing planned, but someone at work suggested I should go whale watching, and that exactly happened. Truthfully, whale watching was one of the highlights of my trip. It was surreal to be on a small boat, out and about on the west coast of Canada! This is the link of SeaBreeze Whale Watching, and both the tour guide and the captain of the boat exceeded my expectations! They knew so much about whales, helped search for them orca's and humpback's, and also stopped at Poet's Cove (which they rarely do with tourists!). 

I just want to share all my pictures, but they're all the same, so here's the best out of my hundreds! (Kidding).


And of course, the whales! We saw lots, and manage to seem several as they swam in their pods. 
We also spotted some restful sea lions! I'm not sure if I have a picture of them. In the middle of the day, the boat stopped at Poet's Cove, just off of Pender Island. I grabbed a beer with other tourists, and it was as if time stopped. I was extremely glad I went Whale Watching, as the people on this ship of 25 were great to be surrounded. What a great experience.

Fun fact, well I thought it was. Our tour guide said that we couldn't anchor the boat on American soil. We were, at times, on American water, but to be on American land is illegal. She said if that happened, we would all be arrested for criminal trespassing and prison, we would go. Crazy, hey? Especially after watching couple episodes seasons of Orange Is The New Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment