Sunday 12 April 2015

Week 3 Recap

I can't believe tomorrow I'm already onto week 4 out of the 5! This practicum is just rushing itself to be over. This last week was the best so far out of all of them. I think I really needed Spring Break to re-energize, collect my thoughts and come prepared as ever. Though it was a short week, it felt pretty darn long! I couldn't wait to sleep and eat.


I taught language arts, religion, health and gym this week. It may seem a lot, but it was a bit of everything, which I like! Kind of like a buffet.. ;) In language arts, I spent a majority of an evening giving feedback on my students' newspaper articles they've written! I gave them stickers (surprisingly, still at grade 6, they still like it) in what I liked about their writing and where they could improve upon. Teaching gym has to be my favorite so far, I'm teaching specifically the dance unit so all my lessons are line dances! Remember the Electric Slide? Cadillac Ranch? Cha Cha Slide? Those are all dances I'm teaching! Pretty pretty cool I must say.

Going into week 4 I'm stoked as it's the same subjects as last week. More dances, more newspaper articles and a couple health/religion classes too. I don't know how I feel come the final week as my students are truly the best.

I know I've been dropping the ball here for blogging, teachers are just b-u-s-y. Hopefully my next one will be soon. I'm sorrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyy.

No comments:

Post a Comment