Friday 24 April 2015

Bitter-Sweet Ending


Wow, what an experience! Today was such a bitter-sweet day because it was my last day of my IFX. A lot of the students asked:

"Are you coming back to teach here?"
"Will you visit us soon?"
"Are you coming to camp with us!?"
"Can you be my teacher again?"

Unfortunately, I answered no to all of them. They're grade 6, meaning I can be more truthful and blunt with them (unlike Grade 1 or 2)! No, I won't be teaching there again. No, I won't be visiting (I have 2 days off in May and 2 in June from work!). No, I can't come to camp because I wasn't even invited. #sad. And no, I won't be their teacher again, as I'm specializing only with elementary students. 

The very last block of today, my students surprised me with a flash mob dance to Cadillac Ranch (since I taught them the dance), gave me a humongous green card and a bag full of inspiring books. It bought tears to my eyes knowing they genuinely care about me and my passion for teaching!
Even though today is my last day of my IFX, doesn't mean I'll stop blogging! As I have more time within the week, I'll reflect more about this experience as it has been truly a remarkable one! #passionforteaching

No comments:

Post a Comment