Saturday 25 April 2015

My Sassy, Superb and Stunning Group of 6's

Today is Saturday. For the past weeks, my Saturdays would include working and creating lesson plans for the upcoming week. Today, however, is different. I don't have any more lesson plans to make until my APT and I don't work today since I switched shifts. I'm so used to having routine that it's strange for me to have it changed.

It's also strange that I won't see my fantastic group of grade 6's anymore. As the title says, they were a sassy, superb and stunning group of 6's that have further inspired my passion to teach. This blog post will explain what I gave each of my 6's as a little, parting gift!

I learned throughout my practicum that at any elementary age, you are never too old for stickers! So, I took a trip to The Education Station, recall my earlier blog post of how I'm in love with that store, and bought smelly stickers for each child. I gave them a sheet of varying smells in their bag!

strawberry, caramel & pineapple!
In addition to the stickers, I also made a personalized message on a colorful index card, highlighting their strengths and wishing them the best in their future schooling! It had many happy faces!

Do you remember my blog post about my class field trip to the legislature? Well, it was my second day with them and our class happened to run into the Alberta Premier -- Jim Prentice! I took a class photo of my 6's with them and printed the photo out so each child had a copy! When I gave them those pictures, every single one came up to me asking for my (messy) signature/autograph. It was super awkward, as I never consider myself famous or anything... but truthfully, it was pretty cool. But then again, people don't ask for "autographs" of famous people now-a-days, rather it's a selfie. Oh man. 

Lastly, I each gave them a lyric sheet of my Body Breaks/Transition Songs I used in class. There were 2 songs I used, since they were an older group, and as a result they totally LOVED! I told them how I was surprised that every single one of them participated in the songs and how the lyrics will help them remember to sing it, even when I'm not around. Here are the two songs I used -- they are pretty darn cool! There Was A Crocodile and Shark Song :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment