Sunday 27 December 2015

(Some) Resources from EDEL 496

Here is a list of resources that have been introduced in the class, and which I have (or am willing to try) sometime soon! 

1. Waterlogue and Snapseed

One evening, someone from EdTech came to our class with a class set of iPads. We were required to come with a set of pictures that answers: What does "home" mean to us? Being the always-prepared-person that I am, I had about 8-10 pictures answering this question. We were introduced to two photography iPad applications to explore. I didn't use the iPads provided because I just downloaded the two apps we were going to use that evening on my own. 

Waterlogue -- a watercolor application that unfortunately costs money. I think I paid either $4 or $5 for it, but totally worth it because the photographs are pretty great. Simply upload your picture and choose which features you want to enhance your picture. Check out some of my pictures using Waterlogue! 

Mo:Le Restaurant in Victoria, BC
Water Harbour in Victoria, BC
Snapseed -- luckily, this app is free (I suggest you download it when you can)! Snapseed adds pretty cool effects to your pictures and has options to provide borders too. Similar to Instagram (which most of my friends have), but I think it's a tiny bit better with the options. It takes a little getting used to when using Snapseed, but after a day, you'll be a pro at it. Just like me! Check out some of my pictures using Snapseed. 

Mo:Le Restaurant in Victoria, BC
Water Harbour in Victoria, BC
2 Papyrus eBook

So, after we incorporated pretty cool effects to our "home" pictures, our professor gathered all our pictures into an online eBook! I used the Papyrus eBook resource just like my professor did, which you can use for yourself if you click here! Just sign up for a free account and you're good to go. 

I was absolutely amazed by this that I used this outlet of representation when I used this for my integration of multimodal project. I made an eBook of my Victoria trip back in Fall Reading Week! 

3. Puppet Making 

Here is a picture of my puppet we created! We had half a class to make a puppet. You're probably thinking, what's the point, right? In class, we discussed how "powerful" exploration is. Give a kid a box of lego's and tell them to build anything, which they will. Exploration, at such an early age, is so important to facilitate! Building a puppet showed us adults how key exploring an object or experience it. 


4. Popplet and Powtoon 

Okay, so I absolutely no nothing about Popplet or Powtoon. We had several opportunities for class presentations, and some of my peers used these approaches for presentation purposes! I'm trying to experiment (aka get away from the typical powerpoint) when presenting information. Have you tried these resources? Watching them in class it seemed much more engaging and aesthetically pleasing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment