Thursday 24 December 2015

Recap: CHRTC 100

My other Christian theology course I took this term was CHRTC 100 where it focused on introducing us to the Bible. So fitting right since today is CHRISTMAS EVE. The day before Jesus Christ was born. This course was a basic lecture and straightforward with three tests and a discussion question component.

All my professors have been so amazing this term and for this class the professor is no exception! As a whole, they all have been super helpful, accommodating to overall great mentors which I learned from them all and me. *cue the applause* *I swear I'm not a suck-up* 
If I'm perfectly honest, my attendance for this class was not the greatest. Once you're in your later years in your degree, i.e.,. third-fourth-fifth-sixth years, you tend to gauge which lectures are most important actually to show up. Don't get me wrong, I strongly advocate in going to class EVERY SINGLE TIME, but there are those where it's just like "check eClass the powerpoint slide will be up anyways." Seriously kids, go to class, EVERY TIME. Strive for that perfect attendance! 



Although I don't revolve my life around quotes and sayings and passages, they do influence that way I see my life and how I interpret various situations. I'm pretty sure my classroom will just be pinned with posters of inspirational quotes, just you wait. I bring this up because some of the ones I always turn to, came from the Bible! Learning in class the contextual meaning behind them, especially ones from the Psalms and Proverbs and the Gospels was pretty great to understand. No, I won't pummel you with quotes, BUT BUT BUT here's one of my all-time favorites.

PSALM  118:14:

No comments:

Post a Comment