Friday 5 June 2015

Picture Book Friday: Can You Make A Scary Face?

Can You Make A Scary Face? by Jan Thomas


I can see this book being used in a variety of situations! First off, this book is best read aloud to a group of children, rather than one (you'll see why later on!). And second, it's an awesome quick read too --  takes minutes not hours! 

I see this book being read to preschoolers after their nap, a third grade class at the start of their morning, and even a sixth grade class for a body break/class transition!

After teaching for so long, body breaks or brain breaks are transitions I'm all gun-ho about. Can You Make A Scary Face? makes these transitions fun, engaging and of course interactive for all readers. I mean, this book tells, not asks, children to do the chicken dance. I love silly literature! 



You can "check out" this all time class book at SCL here and at EPL here! (See what I did there? Wow, I'm so funny.)

No comments:

Post a Comment