Saturday 20 June 2015

Orientation Love

Thursday evening was the Orientation BBQ, which is held every year. As this is my third year with the Orientation program, I never actually went my first two years! Sad, isn't it? This time, I'm so happy that I did and broke that streak of not attending events. Truth.

Working 6-7 days a week really limits your time. You're probably thinking Wow Christian you have all money and no social life which is basically true. I'm banking tons of hours at my employment places but have such limited time to see my friends. Sad, really. That's why this post is all dedicated to Orientation, as seeing my other Education friends and The Crookie Monsters really made my week. I could not stop smiling at work the following day!

It's been mid-March, give or take 3 months from the time I have been a University student. To be franc, I kinda miss it. Working 45+ hours a week really takes a toll on you, but I'll suck it up for this summer. There was about ~250 people at this BBQ and though I did take lots of pictures, here's a few I want to share!

 

I miss my teacher friends, but I also am looking forward to OVT (volunteer training) and Orientation itself! I'll keep working my butt off, as I know I won't have this work life for long. This BBQ (with free food) was a fabulous distraction from this work-filled 4 months!

Oh oh oh! Here's some pictures of the park. Sometimes, I don't give full enough credit of my hometown. A lot of people complain about it -- whether it's traffic or the weather or just anything. Edmonton does have its perks too! (Which we should never dismiss)

No comments:

Post a Comment