Friday 19 December 2014

Volunteering at School Number 3

So this morning I finished up my third and final school volunteering for the rest of the year. Pretty bitter-sweet I must say! This elementary school that I go to is in the north end, so it's the farthest in driving (time-wise and distance-wise) out of all 3 of my schools. I work with these kids, where I pull them from their classroom to read to them 1-on-1 for about 25-30 minutes. Well, I lied. They actually read to me for their designated reading period. Specifically I work with grade 2-3's and one in grade 5 with their reading. The coordinator, Mrs. P is so patient, understanding and helpful that she gave us (there's 3 volunteers) each a holiday card with chocolate and a Tim's gift card this morning. If you don't know what to get me at all (for my birthday or a graduation gift or whatever), you can never go wrong with a Tim's card.

tim horton's photo: tim hortons Timmsh.gif

I also forgot that today at the school was PJ day! Yes, the expectation of pajama's to be worn by students, staff and others were highly emphasized. As former high school president and active member of the school community, how could I resist? So I brought my plaid H&M pajama bottoms to wear. What surprised me the most was that every kid, and I mean every child was not wearing pajamas but also their printed one-sies, carrying around their stuffed teddy bear and/or wearing (I think?) their bedhead. I love it when schools participate in theme days, especially because it's all the more fun for the teachers! No really, one kid who read to me had on hot wheels pajama bottoms and sweater. Now that's pretty wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment