Monday 11 April 2016

Goodbye 4th Year!

I feel that once I start school, I can't wait for it to be over. And then when school ends, I can't wait for it to start again. It's the irony of learning and University I guess! Last Thursday (my birthday actually!) was when classes finished. I only took 3 this term! CHRTC 380 (Teaching Religious Education to youth), EDPY 416 (Intro to Teaching English as a Second Language) and EDPS 410 (Law & Ethics). Although I'm not graduating this year with all my other friends, it's exciting to know I'll be back this fall to take just Art class and then my final practicum. And of course, wish all my fellow Education graduates success to new challenges! 

I'm not graduating this year (/sad face) because I decided to finish my degree with my practicum instead. Although it pushes me behind a semester, I also believed I wasn't ready to do my practicum last year either. Don't get me wrong; I love teaching and it is my honest passion doing it, but I needed something to regain myself. Time. 


I needed time to learn, grow and absorb more. I needed (and maybe still need!) to energize and regroup my thoughts and ideas. I wanted to connect more and build upon ideas. Looking back, I'm pretty positive I made the best decision for myself. And who knows? Maybe I'm not fully ready right now. I'll sure take this upcoming summer for more me time will help me even more. I think of the second practicum as a "9-week job interview" because essentially, it is. My evaluation means everything for me, and I'll be bummed if it's sub-par or just average. I hope to excel and to succeed even more with those little learners. Watch me ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment