Thursday 8 January 2015

First 2015 Post!

Yep, here it is! I finished my first week of winter term. Were you thinking that 2015 is finally here? Well that's here too. I'm not one for new years resolutions, in fact I give that awful look to people who says stuff like "new year new me" or "20xx will be my year". Stop. You're doing favors for no one. 


It's been a week or two since I've blogged! I think that's because I worked a lot, watched a ton of TV and just finished my first week of school. It is so refreshing to have class from Monday to Thursday, that means I have Fridays to relax. Actually, not really since it's volunteer-with-elementary-kids day. Fridays actually make it fun for me to look forward to! 

All my courses this term are condensed, aka are 8 weeks longs because of my IFX. IFX = Introduction Field Experience = first student teaching practicum!!! We start in middle of March, but we have 3 observations days starting this month. School just started this Monday and we already have school visits. I even just finished my letter of introduction to my (future) mentor teacher! I'm actually so excited, but nervous, and hesitant, and worried, all at the same time. I'm sure my emotions will get jumbled into each other the closer I start my practicum. But right now, I feel content. Though I'm sure it's going to be a new emotion every day. Who knows?


This term I'm taking science curriculum, music curriculum, assessment class and a seminar for IFX. I'll try (at least) to update about my courses as I think they are critical to know as teachers. Also, upon entering my practicum I hope to stay on top of my blogging and I would love to share my experiences here. With that said, stay tuned! 



No comments:

Post a Comment