Friday 6 May 2016

ONE MONTH LATER Class Recap: CHRTC 380

I purposely saved this class last to blog about because I absolutely LOVED CHRTC 380. Can you already tell that I like to procrastinate?? On Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30 this class started my day, and it was the best way yet! Already thinking about it I do miss it. I have no idea where to start because there was nothing, and I mean nothing that I did not NOT appreciate about this class.

CHRTC 380 was my very last class to complete before obtaining my Certificate in Catholic Education. I took 4 CHRTC classes -- 100 (Bible), 250 (Theological Education), 380 (Religious Education for the Child) and XXX (which was my Happiness class!). You have to average at least a B- in each class, which was an easy breezy checklist for me. 

Right away, our professor had us sit in a semi-circle. We encapsulated right from the start a sense of community by including everyone and anyone with our thoughts, questions and feedback. There was 12 of us, where I was the one and only guy. Can't complain there. 

I'm blessed in many ways for this class and all my Christian Theology classes in general. I feel that I connected to my faith more than ever and able to affirm my relationship with God in the strongest ways yet. What I will take away the most was the numerous opportunities for application. I mean, from a University class we had TONS of exposure! Our prof encouraged us to use our knowledge from class and apply it to real life teaching, such as when she brought elementary children into our class and through our volunteerism in the community. As a former administrator, she was incredibly understanding and helpful along our journey in this class and of course our faith! 

To my classmates -- each and every one of you have been an inspiring group of people to see as pre-service teachers. This is what's so rockin' about the Ed faculty: the close-knit, tight, getting-to-know-one-another right away atmosphere. Most of us were in our fourth year, so to have a class to share and grow and shine the light of what is to come, reminded us of the teaching opportunities that awaits us all. 

Lastly, if you are in education I very much recommend taking the path of exploring Christian Theology classes. From all the classes in my undergrad, my CHRTC has been the most beneficial and extraordinary. I know this because I bring them up in daily conversations and share all my positive experiences with them. To end, always know that God is love and for my future students, they will be reminded of that consistently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment